Following a public tender process, the Department of Health Abu Dhabi (DoH) signed an agreement with Aspen Medical to provide comprehensive primary healthcare in the nine rural and underserved areas of Abu Dhabi and Al Ain. DoH identified areas of under-provision through its Capacity Masterplan. The Masterplan shows that geographic healthcare coverage in the Emirate is generally good but that there are still capacity shortfalls in some rural areas.
The Abu Samrah Primary Health Clinic, featured in the above video, is due for completion in 2020 with further clinics being constructed in Al Wathba, Shakhbout City, Umm Ghaffa, Al Dhahra, and Al Salamat.
The clinics will provide comprehensive services to the public including:
- general medicine and family medicine
- chronic disease management
- healthcare screening and prevention services
- vaccinations and immunisations
- non‐communicable diseases management
- communicable diseases management
- diagnostic services
- on-site pharmacy
Visit the dedicated Aspen Medical Primary Healthcare Clinics website.